Batik is a wax-resist art form with its own delicate and ‘cracked’ imagery. Hand-drawn designs on cloth are covered with molten wax. The cloth is dyed after the wax-covered design has dried up and is able to resist the dye colours. When the dyed cloth along with the wax design is washed off, the design presents itself with a unique cracked surface which is due to the cracking of the wax during the process of creation. Batik is a fashion and interiors favourite the world over.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.