Printed on cotton, West Bengal
Out of stock
|Dimensions||100 × 117 cm|
Batik is a wax-resist art form with its own delicate and ‘cracked’ imagery. Hand-drawn designs on cloth are covered with molten wax. The cloth is dyed after the wax-covered design has dried up and is able to resist the dye colours. When the dyed cloth along with the wax design is washed off, the design presents itself with a unique cracked surface which is due to the cracking of the wax during the process of creation. Batik is a fashion and interiors favourite the world over.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.
Hand block printed on cotton, from Rajasthan