Intricate handembroidery on Maheswari from lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Out of stock
|Dimensions||672 × 113 cm|
Chikankari or the ‘shadow embroidery’ craft of Lucknow is done with innumerable stitches such as murri, phanda, buttonhole stitch, darning stitch, etc. Chief among the stitches is bakhiya which is done on the back of the fabric to depict floral and vine themes, birds, ‘amris’ etc. These are reflected as shadow work on the ‘right’ side of the fabric and outlined with tiny running stitches. Mostly done in white threads on white cloth, chikankari is a beautiful ethereal craft which is a perennial fashion favorite.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.
Handwoven on cotton, this sari from Bengal is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe!
Interesting Batik patterns on this kota cotton is simply perfect for the summer.
Elegant and light to wear, this handwoven Maheshwari saree is a great addition to your wardrobe.
Hand block printed on the softest mulmul, this sari is a dream to drape.