Banjara Embroidery done on Cotton
Out of stock
|Dimensions||97 × 110 cm|
SKU: KC11408 Category: Blouses Tags: Banjara, blouse, cotton, embroidered, fabric, Hand Embroidery, hand woven, handloom
Banjara tribal women, originally from Rajasthan, celebrate their rich lifestyle through distinctive, colourful embroidery. Nature and geometrics come together in motifs that are a riot of colourful threads with herringbone, chevron, and cross-stitch encircling mirrors, beads and cowrie shells. Traditionally done on Banjara costumes, storage bags, pouches etc. Today’s shapes may have changed but the embroidery remains the same: eye-catching and colour drenched.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.
Hand block printed on cotton, from Rajasthan