Handwoven Cotton Sari with Silk Border,Karnataka
Out of stock
|Dimensions||630 × 120 cm|
SKU: KC13083 Category: Uncategorized Tags: cotton, handloom, handwoven, ilkal, karnataka, sari, silk border, textile
Ilkal saris woven in and around the villages of Ilkal, Kamatgi, Nidigundi and Kolkar in Karnataka are either 6yards or 9 yards. This coarse-count sari was originally made in cotton is now also made in pure silk and cotton silk mix. The ?pallav? is given a lot of importance since it is often worn over the head.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.
Kantha embroidered coasters on handwoven fabric set of 4
Hand block printed on cotton, from Rajasthan
Hand carved on Sheesham, Pilkhuwa – Uttar Pradesh
Multicolor Handwoven Cotton Sari with Zari (with blouse), from Andhra Pradesh