The Kotpad textile of Koraput
Nayagarh is a center in Odisha weaving mostly cotton sarees. It is woven with a handloom dobby. The motifs woven are generally of birds, flowers, crab, fish etc. These motifs are developed by the extra wefts. The sarees known as the kashbandi require elaborate preparation of the yarn before weaving begins. Only natural dyes are used. The red color of the saree comes from the root of the aal tree. Combined with natural unbleached off-white yarn the results are dramatic.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.