The embroidery of Lambani women consists of stitches done in a riot of colourful threads, mirror work and is embellished further with beads and cowry shells. The motifs are drawn from nature, flora, and fauna and often depict vignettes of tribal life. The stitches used are herringbone stitch, buttonhole stitch, applique, and patchwork. Done on quilts, pouches, bags, and their costumes, the embroidery reflects their distinct culture and creativity.
- Textiles, handloom and printed to be hand washed or dry cleaned only.
- Metal surfaces to be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
- Papier mache and painted surfaces to be dusted with a dry cloth.
- Cookware, serveware and tableware to be washed with mild soap and wiped dry.
- Products made of natural fibre to be wiped with a dry cloth/ soft brush.
- Please follow specific care instructions, if any, sent along with your product.
- The nature and tendency of handmade products is that each piece is unique. Unevenness in colour and texture is not a fault but a beautiful characteristic of Artisanal production.
- Variation in colour is possible as colours you see on your device may vary due to colour reproduction, brightness and resolution of individual devices.